first fruits ministries was formed to provide work for women struggling with homelessness, addictions, poverty and abuse. Our goal is to give a helping hand to women on the road to recovery, to give them new life and new purpose by teaching them to produce quality hand-made products, gift baskets and specialty food items.
We also specialize in selling repurposed and ministry-related products. Items sold through first fruits are made by carefully selected artisans and craftsmen who share our belief in turning ashes to beauty, that all things and all people have value and can be made new, no matter how worn and tired.
By working with women’s shelters and ministries, we have developed a pragmatic, practical approach while maintaining quality production standards. We provide a structured, calm and nurturing Christ-centered working environment to help women along the path to responsible self-sufficiency.
To ensure excellence, a design team helps develop our product lines and oversees production.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”
- To emphasize the importance and need for work to each resident in order to provide for oneself and one’s family, and to experience the powerful healing that comes from God through useful work and creative self-expression;
- To provide training and employment in an encouraging, compassionate workplace where the special needs of homeless and abused women can be met while maintaining high standards of quality control;
- To provide decent wages and benefits to single women and mothers supporting their families;
- To develop product lines of the highest quality;
- To compete in the marketplace successfully at the highest level of quality, craftsmanship and artistry;
- To donate the company’s profits back to our non-profit affiliates who work diligently to meet the many needs of women and children being freed from addictions, hopelessness, abuse and poverty.
first fruits ministries
121 Deerwood Lake Drive
Birmingham, AL 35078